Hello guys, I hope that your day is going well so far. It is Monday, and nothing better than starting your day with a healthy meal to gain some energy to finish the rest of the week. I recently shared some pictures of my homemade chia pudding on social media, and many people requested the recipe. So I decided to share it with you today, as well as some pictures of my recent creations. Yes because you can actually create anything with chia by simply adding some fresh fruits, granolas, oatmeal etc., and make yourself healthy yogurt parfaits, smoothies, as well as energetic breakfast bowls.
Ingredients to make your own Chia pudding for 2-3 portions:
- 240 grams of Almond Milk unsweetened (1 cup). You can change to coconut milk if you do prefer this taste.
- 60 grams of black chia seed (4 tablespoons)
- 12 grams of French vanilla sugar. ( I use the one from France). If you cannot find an equivalent just use regular pure cane sugar ( 3 teaspoons)
- 5 grams of Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
What to do next
- In a small container I combine both the chia seeds and the almond milk together, and I gently stir.
- I add the sugar, then the vanilla extract.
- I stir everything together, and I let the mixture sit overnight.
- I do stir the preparation at least two times (more if possible) before going to bed, to avoid having the seed sit at the bottom.
How to eat it
You can definitely create anything you have in mind. But as an example, I will describe one of my favorite breakfast yogurt parfait. In a different container (I like tu use a Mason Jar for this) I add some of my chia pudding in the bottom, I add a layer of non fat plain greek yogurt, then a layer of fresh seasonal fruits , some flavoured granolas (some of my favorites lately are the chocolate mocha granolas from the brand My favorite Indulgence), and I finish this preparation by adding more fruits at the top.
You can also include chia in your smoothies, your oatmeal bowls, or simply eat it with fruits. I am not a nutritionist, but I heard that chia has incredible health benefits, as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, as well as iron, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium. Let me know how it was, don’t hesitate to add a little bit of sweetness if you need, I tend to compensate by adding fruits, but everyone’s taste is different! Please share your pictures with me on Instagram.