Hi everyone, how is your week so far? Last Saturday I shared in my insta-stories my almond flour pancakes, and many of you reacted to my photos and requested the recipe. I am willing to share my recipe but I want to highlight that these pancakes are not the traditional ones, I purposefully wanted to make “healthier” pancakes by decreasing the amount of regular flour, as well as the amount of regular milk. Also, I added banana to my recipe to bring a natural sweet flavor, and I literally loved it! So here we go.
Ingredients to make your own Banana Almond Flour Pancake for 5-6 servings:
- 1 Cup of organic Almond flour (96 grams)
- 1 Cup of organic All purpose flour (96 grams)
- 1/4 Cup of organic unsweetened Almond Milk (60 ml)
- 1 Cup of organic 2% Milk (235 ml)
- 1 1/2 Ripe banana
- 3 Medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder (8 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5ml)
What to do next
- In a food processor blend 1 1/2 ripe banana with 1 egg until smooth
- Transfer this preparation in a medium size bowl
- Add to this bowl the 2 other eggs, the salt, and whisk the batter
- Add the almond flour, continue to gently mix the preparation
- Add the almond milk, and mix until smooth.
- Add the all purpose flour, and continue to mix the preparation
- Add the regular 2% milk, and mix until smooth
- Add the baking powder, continue to stir, we want a smooth and homogenous batter
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side until the edges crisp up and bubbles begin to form. Flip, and cook on the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden and fluffy.